Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and the Yahoo Answers website is now in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

What video format do i need so i can play a video on my iPod?

I would like to add a video to my ipod which is in .mpg format. i clicked "Convert selection to iPod" and waited for it to convert it. when i found the file again, it still was in the .mpg format!!! please help me (i am using a mac)

Favorite Answer

the ipod video can only read videos in mpeg layer 4 or mp4 format. So all u need to do is have your videos in mpeg format converted... u can buy a software that can convert the file or u can download this software.... but there are limitations with registered versions, to non registered versions... so look for a software that u can download for free to get a video file converter... there are lots, but of course u have to be careful, because u might get viruses and stuff...

just google the file converter thingy and ur on ur way.