Do you feel sorry for those alone today?

We are celebrating the birth of our Lord Jesus; Christmas. From the time we were born until our children decide to spend the holiday with their "family," we have enjoyed this holiday with family. Now, many of us are alone on holidays. My friends and me who do not have relatives enjoy the holiday no matter what. Sure, at first it was hard to get used to but God reminded us that we are not to live for worldly lusts. Our only goal is to worship as the Lord wants. Material posessions and worldly humans are of the Lord but we are not to want any worldly posession. Do you understand that you should not feel sorry for us who spend the holidays alone. I feel blessed that I am blessed. Do you feel sorry for those alone?

Favorite Answer

"Do you feel sorry for those alone today?"

Absolutely, it's a very rough day to be lonely, especially for the poor people in the world. There are a lot of homeless people and poor singles with children that weren't able to buy anything for their kids, those are the people whom my tears fall for!

Merry Christmas to all, and God Bless!

Source(s): Life after 40.........
  • lin

I don't feel sorry, but my heart is heavy that, not only on this day, but throughout the year people are lonely at times. I spend holidays alone because my family and friends are so far away. It is really hard to smile when the ones around me are so cheerful. Though I consider them family, my realy family is what I miss. My Lord brings me through this emotional time. May He bless you more and more. Merry Christmas and Happy Birthday Jesus.

Of course I feel sorry for people that are alone. Especially the elderly that are left in nursing homes. Although, the ones that choose to be by themselves I am sure deep down would love a little company. Everybody needs somebody. I actually have been a little depressed this year because the plans I had envisioned for the holidays fell through because of schedule problems but when I think of those who have no one or those who are unfortunate, I guess my issue is pretty pointless.

You may not lust after wordly goods and worship as the Lord wants us too and still be lonely whether it is Christmas or not. I sympathize with those who are alone AND lonely; not those who are alone and wish it to be that way. Merry Christmas. I pray you have a blessed day and a blessed year.

I actually feel bad for our military persons who are out fighting for our safety. I am greatful for them but I wish it was not necessary. For those people who are not actually alone but who want to be home with their families are the ones that I feel for. God Bless and Merry Christmas!

Y'know, I thought I was gonna be alone today due to falling out's with my ex-wife, all my friends, and certain family members. But I prayed for strength, grew a set of balls and called my brother to take to where my family's gonna be. Whose gonna start with me on MY presonal Lord and saviors birthday? And, no, I wouldn't have felt sorry for myself otherwise. Merry Christmas and may God bless you for all your days to come.

• Erika

I do feel sorry for those who are alone for the holidays, not only people, but homeless animals too :(

You know.I feel sorry for those that don't have Christ in their life today.They wouldn't feel alone if they had Christ in them.I'm over here where the war is at and I don't feel alone.Yeah I miss my family and all,but God showed me that if you believe in him you would be alone.Just pray and find out.

well sometimes those people alone chose to be alone. but yea sometimes i do feel sorry for em'

i sure do feel sorry for them and if i could i'd invite them all to my Home