promotion image of download ymail app
Promoted
Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Family & RelationshipsSingles & Dating · 1 decade ago

how do people do tattoos in jail???????

no im not askin because i want to do it(im not stupid) but i do want to know how they do it? and what kind of stuff do they use?

10 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

Retired Prison Officer here: There are many methods the "Cons" use to create tattoo's while in the "Big House". Usually they acquire a paper clip or several of them, then they acquire a sony walkman. They then remove the drive motor from the walkman, and using the paper clips they rig a drive shaft and attach it to the motor they obtained from the walkman. They then attach a sharpened straightened out paper clip to the shaft.

Walla, they then have the device and then only need to make the ink.

Ink sources can be from pens, or ash from burnt matches, most common method is using the ink from the writing pens they buy from the prison commissary. Since most prisons have banned smoking no matches or cigarettes are available.

Other less common methods used is just a sharpened paper clip using their hands where they dip the clip into the ink and then sink it into the skin. Takes along time to complete a tat with this method. the powered sony walkman unit is the most common I use to confiscate one or two of these a week on my inspections of inmates cells.

I never had a problem personallly with inmates getting tattoo's in prison. But, it was just one of the rules the higher up's made to help make the con's life more miserable.

• Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago

It depends on how much stuff they have available to them. Some can only do pin prick tattoos, or fashion a crude emplement that will pierce the skin and leave dye in it. Some fashion tattoo guns out of radios or other small equipment. For colour they use pen ink, some are able to get their hands on indian ink for hobbies, or other things that will leave a permanent stain under the skin. OR you can come to a canadian jail and get all your tattoos done for $5 with real proper equipment and ink.

• 4 years ago

Prisons image tattoos for identity applications. confident they'll image the 5 tattoos which you have regardless of in the event that they are on your breasts or inner maximum areas. As for them photographing you whilst your bare I even have in no way heard of them doing that. yet i does no longer be bowled over in the event that they do now a days. in simple terms be attentive to that the pictures that they take won't have the skill to be accessed publicly, in basic terms penal complex team can view them.

• 1 decade ago

You can't do tattoos in jail. Taxpayers will not buy that ideas either. Wait until you're out of jail and find yourself a tattoo store.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 decade ago

They take the motor's out of their radios and make a tat gun motor. Then they use either ink from a regular ball point pen or ink they have stolen from a staff member, then they tatoo each other. Very easy they do it all the time.

• todd
    Lv 4
    1 decade ago

what r u a cop? trying to get a heads up that training can't teach u? go to jail and find out is the best and worse advice you'll get here. cigarette ashes, ink pens ,markers, guitar strings, motors out of cassette players and paperclips!!!

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

You should ask under the skin and body tattoo section, you'll probably get better answers, Merry Christmas!

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

All you need is pointed object or niddle and ink. You tab tab tab. Sometimes they make tatoo machine out of some old junk machine parts.

• 1 decade ago

I think an ex convict will answer this most appropriately.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

with a tatoo pen haha they are availabe to convicts too

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.