Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Food & DrinkCooking & Recipes · 1 decade ago

What are some great ways to prepare my hand caught lobster while in the mountains???

I am going camping in my local San Diego mountains and would like some ideas on how to prepare,cook and garnish my lobster dish.Thanks for your creative answer...Tom Science 4

Favorite Answer

Nice! Lobster is delicious and easy. All you need to do, is boil some water and throw that sucker in there! Wait till its shell turns that red colour, then just wait for a while after it turns red (about 10-15 minutes). Put him on a plate.

Now for sides, my personal preference is to have melted butter (real butter, not margirin) with a little bit of lemon juice squeezed into it. Make sure that before you eat the lobster to eat a little parsley to clear your pallette on your tongue (this will excentuate the taste of the lobster). On the side, a good thing to have is rice products (wild rice soup, rice pillaff, brown rice), or potatos will probably be your best bet on a camping trip.

I'm jealous of the time you're gonna have =(

peace and love,

rob

I know nothing about cooking lobsters or camping or San Diego. First, I'm not sure how you hand-catch a lobster in the mountains, but having never been to San Diego (there are mountains there??...hmm, everyone thinks NY State is just a huge city, too). Hey, I'll give it a shot. Start a campfire. Stomp on the lobster with your crampons until the shell is broke open. Roast it until the eyes pop out. Garnish with the nearest batch of pine needles. This is why no one comes to my house for dinner.

Lobster in the mountains?I bet you caught it at Ocean Beach Pier. I just steam it and eat it with wasabi sauce. Mix wasabi with soy sauce,fish sauce,lemon, and thai chili.But not too much wasabi and fish sauce. This sauce always works around the bonfire.

LOL, Meeza has been to the same cooking school as me.

Merry Xmas!