promotion image of download ymail app
Promoted

Am I fat or skinny or just right?

I am a girl. I am 5 feet 3 inches tall. I weigh 108 pounds. My friends say that I am too skinny because my ribs stick out a little bit but I'm not anorexic.

4 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

Don't worry. As long as you have a healthy diet and you exercise, you should be just fine. Bmi is a cool way to measure, yet it does not account for bone structure or muscle mass, so you need to know what is right for you. From the info you have given me, it sounds like you are just right. I know I am... I weigh 107 and am 5'5''.4. I exercise a lot and maintain a really well balanced diet too. So, getting to the point it is not really about if you are skinny or not, but if you are healthy or not.

Stay healthy during the holiday season,I hope I could help

Source(s): My mom is a Doctor... MD, Phd
    • Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • orson
    Lv 4
    3 years ago

do no longer hear to the term 'pear' shape it somewhat is a terrible terrible term. you're able to have skinny legs! you basically could tone up this is all. you're able to do particular workouts like crunches, squats (they're the terrific!) to tone up your legs, ***, and knees in case you incredibly need! additionally, the choose arises to contemplate that that is a few thing to do with your nutrients ordinary. once you're thighs are larger then that is honest to assert that as quickly as you place on weight, the fat etc is going on your thighs. i used to be a similar. I used to consume a number of crap and my abdomen could never get enormous. even nonetheless then I grew somewhat and that i all started noticing that my thighs are way too enormous. So I ate in good shape, toned up, and now my physique seems lots greater effective. basically consume in good shape and carry out a little firming - super uncomplicated!

• 1 decade ago

Well according to a BMI calculation, the result is 19.1. A BMI value over 25 is considered overweight and over 30 is considered obese. Underweight individuals have a BMI value below 18.5. I say you are at a healthy weight.

Source(s): The American Heart Association, The book: The No-Fad Diet.
  • 1 decade ago

This is a question for your doctor.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.