Microphone help please?

Basically, I've plugged my microphone socket into the bit with the icon at the back of the computer, and it doesn't appear to show any signs of being recognised.. or even showing up as being on the PC, I've tryed with two different microphones, any help please?

On the "Test" Hardware section It comes up with a device that I used 3 years ago that broke, I'm trying lots of stuff now but cant find anything

Still nothing, I got a headset with that and it isnt showing up aswell, well, thats a christmas pressie gone unless someone has had the same problem, I looked all over Microsoft help site aswell

• Tony B
    Favorite Answer

You have already had some good advice, but if you still have a problem, and are running Windows XP it might be worth trying a microphone with a USB connection - that is what finally worked for me. Good luck.

It sounds like it could be that the driver for your microphones not installed.Go add new hardware in control panal and do a scan and see what pops up it should tell you whether your microphone is working properly or if it needs drivers. If it does go to the manufacterers web site and download the driver.I work on computers all the time and I think this is most likely the problem.Good luck

1- Make sure that you plug to pink socket .

2- Make sure your sound card are installed .

3-Double click on speaker icon near the clock ( Volume tray icon ) :

If microphone Volume existe , turn it up

If not go to >> Options >> properties >> check Microphone >>then turn it up

well usually when a microphone is plugged in, it doesnt show up recognized. have you tired to go into volume settings then in the advanced bar, turned the microphone volume up? try that. If things still arent working then maybe get new mics?

good luck.

Ya U can check the working condition of ur microphone by doing the following steps,

START->PROGRAM FILES->ACCESSORIES->ENTERTAINMENT->SOUND RECORDER

NOW U WILL GET AN WINDOW, PLEASE PRESS THE RECORD BUTTON AND RECORD UR VOICE...

NOW U PLAY THE RECORDED VOICE AND CHECK IT FOR ITS FUNCTIONALITY.

OR

GIVE A DIRECT CONNECTION TO THE SPEAKER AND CHECK BY SPEAKING OUT.

PERFECTLY IT WILL WORK.. OR DO CHECK THE SOUND CARD OR REPLACE WITH NEW ONE....

OR TRY WITH ANOTHER MICROPHONE...

IT WILL DO...

...MERRY CHRISTMAS...

• Apollo

if it`s not working, enable it, from volume control on your system tray, or from control panel, if it`s still not working, plug it in another socket maybe you pluged it in to line in....