Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Cars & TransportationOther - Cars & Transportation · 1 decade ago

Which performance luxury car would you prefer and why?

2007 BMW M5

2007 Mercedes S55 AMG

2007 Lexus GS350

2007 Cadillac CTS-V

2007 Audi RS4

2007 Audi RS6

Favorite Answer

RS6 would be most livable and easiest to skip police detection by looks. And I would love to ring out the RS4 engine.

Personally I'd take the Cadillac, performance (and value) matters to me, not the quality of the interior leather, as long as there is padding on the seat I'm happy. Love the angles too. Cash left over for performance tires to bald and a few days worth of high octane fuel for track stints.

Close second to the BMW M5 though.

Hello!! :o) That's a somewhat unusual list. The Lexus GS350 is a rather sedate luxury car - nothing at all like the RS4 or RS6. [Speaking of which - I couldn't find anything on the new RS6 other than it's not out yet]

Here are the MSRP's for the cars on your list.

2007 BMW M5 - $82,500

2007 Mercedes S55 AMG - $114,150

2007 Lexus GS350 - $44,150 [GS430 - $52,375]

2007 Cadillac CTS-V - $51,325

2007 Audi RS4 - $66,000

2007 Audi RS6 [Not Out Yet]

2006 Chrysler 300C SRT8 - $40,420

As you'll note - I added the car that I decided to buy. The 300C SRT8. The Chrysler is - without question [in my mind - at least] the most car for the money that ANYONE can buy. [Especially if one is looking for performance more than luxury] 0 to 60 in under 5 seconds. 13.2 @ 108 quarter mile times. AND an electronically limited top speed of 173 MPH. All for about $40,000. [Or less]

But of the cars on your list - I'd buy the S55 AMG. And I probably will - right after I win the lottery!! [But I'd keep my Chrysler]

Craig!! :o)

Definately the BMW, through the years the BMW cars have been the best performing, and most reliable cars out there. Plus, not to mention their safety, those things will take a hit and then some. But I would definately go with an M3 over the M5, the M5 is a bit heavy, and the M3 is a better performer. When the M3 is all tuned and customized, then look out!

peace and love,

rob

Audi RS6

I'm big fan of Audi.

BMW is awesome, but I'm not a big fan of the image that everyone who drives one is a prick and they are just too common, even M5's are somewhat common for what they are where I live.

Lexus is just a little too dull for me.

Mercedes has the reliability of a 1990s Hyundai and isn't half as well build as they used to be.

Cadillac looks like Picasso drew it while he was on bad LSD.

So I'll take the Audi thanks.

• garica

i could like various the two, no longer a sprint. If this is a luxury motor vehicle, they do no longer could desire to cut back corners and commit funds in the direction of one ingredient or the different, and if i'm spending the funds, i do no longer desire to completely have skill or convenience. i want the two. i'm going to take a V12 with the terrific finding indoors obtainable. this is how a luxury motor vehicle must be. no value reducing.

Bentley, Rolls, or Audi A8L. I want absolute royal flash and dash without any of the cheap tawdry go and show of lesser cars.

of course i will take the S55 amg! its the best looking luxury cars in the world! dont you agree?