Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and beginning April 20th, 2021 (Eastern Time) the Yahoo Answers website will be in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Computers & InternetOther - Computers · 1 decade ago

Graphics break while playing PCDVD games. How do i diagoniose the problem?

I have a 64 bit AMD athlon processor, 1 gb ram and a GE FORCE FX 5500 GRAPHICS CARD. when i iplay a pcdvd game like CEASER 4...THE GRAPHICS BREAK..(kinda unsteady slow movements).. how to i diagonise the problem????

3 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

You need a video card... the 5500 GRAPHICS CARD is an entry level card... you prolly be better of with an old GF4 Ti4200 card over a 55/56/5700 card. Only other thing to do is turn graphix setting waaaaay down.

• 1 decade ago

Your configuration seems good enough to run the game but since the graphics are breaking up, it can be a problem with the DVD or some missing software component which is necessary for running the game. I am not sure whether your graphics card can handle CEASER 4. Please check the game requirements. U will find it in the readme file.

• 1 decade ago

Though u have a low end card, but still it must be able to play games at low resolution. First check whether u have the latest nvidia drivers & DirectX version. Then update ur game with the latest patch & then try. That should solve your problem. Also rem tod efragment ur harddrive regularly.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.