Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and beginning April 20th, 2021 (Eastern Time) the Yahoo Answers website will be in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

Just out of Curiosity, Does MEXICO have a Space Program?

this is a question i have always wondered, i remember reading something about mexico starting something like that. Will Mexico ever land on the moon? lol

5 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

"Reuters reports that the lower house of the Mexico's Congress has approved the formation of a national space agency for the country. The Mexican Space Agency, with an initial budget of only $2 million, would "coordinate research and work with universities and the private sector to launch communication and weather satellites." (For $2 million, that won't allow for much coordination.) Backers of the proposal hope that the agency will help development of high-tech industries in the country. While the article treats the agency as a bit of a novelty, a number of countries not traditionally associated with space now have national space agencies, including NASDRA in Nigeria and GISTDA in Thailand."

• T J
    Lv 6
    1 decade ago

No, they have a lot of space.

Mexico is a very poor country. Even "well-funded" countries like the U.S. think twice before doing a moon shot - for Mexico, even putting up a satellite would be a big deal. I can't imagine their funding a space program.

They might have done something like contribute to the International Space Station for the heck of it, but to fully fund a mission to the moon? They have neither the technology nor the resources.

• Dr. R
    Lv 7
    1 decade ago

Yes, they do. And launches are so cheap they're within the means of a small group of boys from Colorado to pay for.

• BANANA
    Lv 6
    1 decade ago

No, but they plan on stowaways to get to the moon and will do twice the work as American astronauts for half the price.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago

I don't know if they have a space program....

I know they don't have a olympic swim team or anyone that swims good still in their country though..

Justin

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.