Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Business & FinanceInvesting · 1 decade ago

what is deffrence between joint venture & consortium?

6 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

The difference between joint ventures and consortiums is that in a joint venture, the partners will create a legal corporate entity to carry out the activity - with an agreement that the parent companies have controlling interests, and consortiums is that consortiums are usually created for a specific short term project, whereas alliances can take place over many years and involve multiple aspects of the relationship whereas consortiums usually are arranged for one specific topic or project.

• 1 decade ago

Joint venture:

A partnership or conglomerate, formed often to share risk or expertiseexpertise: a joint venture between the film companies.

Consortium:

a.An association or a combination, as of businesses, financial institutions, or investors, for the purpose of engaging in a joint venture.

b.A cooperative arrangement among groups or institutions: a library consortium.

Source(s): yahoo
  • 1 decade ago

joint venture is something like A contractual agreement joining together two or more parties for the purpose of executing a particular business undertaking. All parties agree to share in the profits and losses of the enterprise. while consortium means

A consortium is an association of two or more individuals, companies, organisations or governments (or any combination of these entities) with the objective of participating in a common activity or pooling their resources for achieving a common goal.

Consortium is a Latin word, meaning 'partnership, association or society' and derives from consors 'partner', itself from con- 'together' and sors 'fate', meaning owner of means or comrade.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Hi, i suggest a great site with plenty of Issues related to your Investing and everything around it. it also provide clear and accurate answer to many common questions.

I am sure that you can get your answers in this website.

http://investing.sitesled.com/

Good Luck and Best Wishes!

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    3 years ago

I often spend my half an hour to read this blog's posts daily along with a mug of coffee.

• Anonymous
    3 years ago

Really interesting question, looking forward to going through the answers

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.