Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and beginning April 20th, 2021 (Eastern Time) the Yahoo Answers website will be in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Business & FinanceInvesting · 1 decade ago

what is deffrence between joint venture & consortium?

6 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

The difference between joint ventures and consortiums is that in a joint venture, the partners will create a legal corporate entity to carry out the activity - with an agreement that the parent companies have controlling interests, and consortiums is that consortiums are usually created for a specific short term project, whereas alliances can take place over many years and involve multiple aspects of the relationship whereas consortiums usually are arranged for one specific topic or project.

• 1 decade ago

Joint venture:

A partnership or conglomerate, formed often to share risk or expertiseexpertise: a joint venture between the film companies.

Consortium:

a.An association or a combination, as of businesses, financial institutions, or investors, for the purpose of engaging in a joint venture.

b.A cooperative arrangement among groups or institutions: a library consortium.

Source(s): yahoo
  • 1 decade ago

joint venture is something like A contractual agreement joining together two or more parties for the purpose of executing a particular business undertaking. All parties agree to share in the profits and losses of the enterprise. while consortium means

A consortium is an association of two or more individuals, companies, organisations or governments (or any combination of these entities) with the objective of participating in a common activity or pooling their resources for achieving a common goal.

Consortium is a Latin word, meaning 'partnership, association or society' and derives from consors 'partner', itself from con- 'together' and sors 'fate', meaning owner of means or comrade.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Hi, i suggest a great site with plenty of Issues related to your Investing and everything around it. it also provide clear and accurate answer to many common questions.

I am sure that you can get your answers in this website.

http://investing.sitesled.com/

Good Luck and Best Wishes!

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    5 years ago

I often spend my half an hour to read this blog's posts daily along with a mug of coffee.

• Anonymous
    5 years ago

Really interesting question, looking forward to going through the answers

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.