Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Home & GardenDecorating & Remodeling · 1 decade ago

How do you tie a bow from ribbon?

Favorite Answer

I wrap the ribbon around the present each way...vertically & horizontally, and tie in the center first. Then I take long strands and slip each strand, one at a time, and make small bows. Try to make varying lengths for the strands to hang. I then take scissors and carefully holding them open, I start at the top of each strand (near the bows) and gently pull against each strand to curl. Hold each ribbon strand up as you curl it with varying degrees of pressure so that each curl is a little different. If you need to make it fuller...just tie off more ribbon strands in the center.

Wrap the ribbon around the object you want the bow on and tie a single knot then with make a loop with both pieces and tie them in a knot, this is the simple way but not so effective...... Try then after the wrap and knot bit... to make a loop with one piece (left) and with other wrap around the loop from to the front heading left and around the back to the right, and then push the wrapped piece through the space between the original loop and the wrapped bit and pull this bit through into a loop. Pull both loops tightly away from each other. That doesnt really make much sense but I know what it means, sorry and good luck !!!