How to obtain a police clearance in Canada and United Kingdom?

I have worked in the Uk from May 2004 till Sep 2005 and then returned to my home country India. I am now applying for a new work permit called (HSMP- Highly Skilled Migrant Programme) to come back to the Uk to work and permanently settle down.

From my undestanding, I need to submit a police clearance from any country which I have lived more than 6 months along with my HSMP application to the home office.

IS THIS TRUE. Since I have lived for more than 6 months in the Uk, I will need a police clearance. Please could you confirm if this is true.

If yes, please could you let me know how do I obtain it. I am right now in India.

I will greatly appreciate if you can guide me on the procedure in order to obtain the police clearance.

Please could you clarify: I have also lived in Canada for 1.5 years. Do I need a police clearance from there as well. If you have information on how to obtain it from Canada, I will greatly appreciate it.

From my research on the internet I need to submit

Favorite Answer

No use taking the information from second-hand sources. Go to the British High Commission and find out exactly what's required in precisely what form from precisely which authorities.

You will need a police certificate from each place you've lived for more than 6 months from the age of 16.

Submit then. It is true.