Friends daughter hostile to me?

I have a friend who's 7 year old daughter is very hostile towards me. She also has a 6 year old boy who is the opposite, we are best of friends. The daughter has kicked me several times, is rude and offensive says things like keep away from my mummy, youre weird etc etc. Now IM normally very good with kids but this situation is becoming tiring. Why is this little girl hostile? The friend is a single mother, does the daughter see me as a potential father? There is nothing between me and the mother. Should I tell the mother about her daughters behavior?

Favorite Answer

As a mom who was in this situation... yes.. you SHOULD tell the mom.. Tell her you just don't know what to do about this and you need her help to try to get things on a "normal" relationship with her daughter. She could be resenting you yes.. or feeling you threaten her relationship with her mom if her father "left" the family. She should not be treating anyone especially an adult with such anger. That in itself is a reason to let mom know...and possibly some serious counseling with mom or a professional is in order. Just let mom deal with it and back her up on it. If nothing is done.. I would probably fade away from family get together's with her daughter until the situation clears up (in other words when mom gets a clue and helps her daughter deal with the violent anger release on you.)

Best of Luck... wear shin guards till mom helps straighten it all out :)

The mother should be dealing with that behavior so tell her. I would also let the little girl know that she is a brat and that you are not going to tolerate her bad behavior. Where is the child's father? Is he the reason why the girl is so bad? Maybe he is putting things in her head.

1. The kicking is too much. Definitely tell the mother (tactfully of course).

2. Who knows why? Kids do all kinds of crazy stuff, since they express themselves where adults repress. It could be as simple as she just doesn't like you to as complex as a male physically abusing her mother in the past.

Hope it all works out ok.

It sounds more like the daughter is jealous. She may feel that you like her younger brother better or that you maybe taking away her mothers attention. But it sounds like she is resenting you for some reason and jealousy is probably the reason.

hiiiii

thanks for ur sweet question.

I think u should tell ur mom.

otherewice as u wish.

it's a mental health issue...the mom should be told if she doesn't know already..

Dont allow it... Teaching you kid bad things...