Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureReligion & Spirituality · 1 decade ago

Is it me..or do you think religious fanatics are crazy?

I can't stand these deeply religious people 'spreading the word' as if they 'know' the truth. Religion has failed society...and these fanatics are crazy in my eyes.

Favorite Answer

The word "fanatic" says it all. It doesn't matter if a person is a religious fantaic or a soccer fanatic or a political fantac or a movie fanatic. A fanatic is consumed by the object of obsession and cannot listen to or grant the possibility of any opposing view. Religious fanatics tend to use their religion to justify what is actually a personal agenda -- access to wealth or politcal control or simply a feeling of moral superiority.

I leave the "Truth" about religion in the hands of God, Allah, or whatever name one chooses to call the Supreme Being; We are all motes of dust wandering on the earth for a short span of time, so who are we to speak of eternity, of all that which is so beyond our comprehension. Gee whiz, we all have a hard enough time discovering what the "truth" is in our daily lives.

Perhaps it is not that religion has failed society, but that individual people, with their personal, and perhaps, petty concerns, have failed religion -- all religions.

Don't get angry about fanatics of any kind. Ignore them and live your life.

Source(s): My husband was murdered by religious fanatics. The judgment is not up to me. Crazy is as crazy does.
  • orson

As a Christian, i'm appalled. Freedom of speech human beings! you're able to never worry any thought or opinion. in actuality printed even via lies. The shadow proves the easy and whoever is appropriate in the tip, it may do properly to hearken to each and every viewpoint with an open thoughts and coronary heart, as a replace of shutting up people who question, debate, and undertaking.

you know the whole world has gone totally out off control .you must know that you are in serious trouble .if you think you are not then it is you that is crazy living in a lie and comes to die very soon my friend .you want to know the truth you don't know how much trouble you are in ,in pissing on the word of God and flushing it down the toilet it scares the living hell out of the Devil ,you know the truth ,I know more then the truth,i know the holy truth .if the word of God is not fulfilled in a certain time in a time frame in the setting of all the links .Bye bye love ,I am ready to leave this world right now ,lived a true and faithful life in the word of God,help all that needed help ,lived the best THE BEST don't ask why that happens no word of lie with the caps,playing no joke on you ,lived in the code of righteousness and did my best in loving you all,and forgive all that lived here upon the earth and free all of blame for their blame in the devils name.I now accept my fate

Source(s): A LOYAL CAPTAIN GOING DOWN WITH HIS SHIP

There's a difference between people who have strong faith and those who are false prophets(the Bible warned against these people). As a Christian, I am not supposed to try and force my religion on you in any way, shape or form. However, I do understand the people who feel the spirit(enlightened, if you will) that they have to share the Gospel(aka good news). I just think door to door, pamphlet givers and loudspeakers on the morning rush hour trains are ridiculous.

• ?

I think we are all a bit crazy especially in todays society

I thought it was society who has failed religion...

Crazy is not the right word. Try "schizoid mental disorder", it's much more adequate.

Ramen !

Source(s): DSM-IV http://www.venganza.org

Thumbs up but u have to follow the good things.

om namah shivaya.

It is not you. They are crazy. One look in their eyes and you can see it. They have gone completely loopy.

compared to liberals in charge of congress i take the jesus people any day...sorry.