Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Family & RelationshipsMarriage & Divorce · 1 decade ago

how can i avoid being jealus?

Although i trust my partner but i still feel jealous. I know that this feeling could ruin our relationship and i want to avoid this feeling and get rid of it. Has anyone gone through this experience to advice me?

Favorite Answer

You need to ask and answer your own question,"what are you jealous of?"

Why are you feeling so insecure in your relationship with your partner? Are they trustworthy, or is it something you want in them, or is it something you have seen that makes you distrust them? Jealousy comes from feeling insecure, whether it is brought on by your partner, or just in your own head. I personally have never been jealous of my husband, however he has been of me, just talking sometimes to someone else, or if I would bring their name up too much in conversation, he would get suspicious of me, and feel jealous! He fianlly had reason to feel insecure, however he forgave me an admitted at the time he wasn't being a good husband and granted it was a little shakey for a while, but he forgave me and we have moved on! I am still sensitive to his feelings however, so I try to be careful about talking about guys so he doesn't get insecure. He is on disability now and doesn't or can't work, and I do. It makes him feel "less of a man", even though I don't feel he is. But my advice, set yourself down and journal on your jealousy! find out why you are feeling jealous! if it is warranted or not! Then talk with your partner! Be HONEST! You may find out that there is no reason for your feelings, or you may find out otherwise, but at least you will have been honest with her and you.

Source(s): personal experience

Jealousy is a manifested emotion from insecurity or low self esteem. Unfortuately your partner can get blindsided by your own trust issues. Try to feel confident in your relationship. If you can't for what ever the reason, then you will eventually ruin it.

• jude

maybe it has something to do with growing up, and perhaps someone let u down at some point, but if u have no reason to be jealous, u should lighten up as eventually this jealous thing will get old . low self worth, and being insecure would make u feel jealous. thinking u are going to loose something u love.

The only way to stop being jealous is to stop being human. I would suggest building a machine to transform you into another species, preferably one with lower cognitive reasoning skills than a human. I suggest a house fly, I suspect that they don't get jealous very often.

If the above attempt fails my only other suggestion would be that you will probably have to die before you stop feeling. I know it's a long time to wait, but I don't think it will happen until then.

• Sax M

You are insecure and unable to admit your follies. That is why you are jealous. If you were secure and you knew your weakness, you could take steps to remedy them. Right now, you are unable to look within yourself and admit your follies. You will never be a secure person this way. Fix yourself, and you'll be less jealous and more confident in who you are.

well jealousy is something nice but to much of it could hurt and wont do you any good so its OK to be jealous but not to much case then your partner will get Bord so try to ovoid it when you feel that way and think about something ells to distract you

no you Don't trust you partner... if you did you would not be jealous... it is simple.. there is something that makes you doubt.. you need to be honest and open.......in every respect..good luck I wish you the best

don't ever get rid of this feeling. just let ur partner do what he want to outside.but at the same time spying on him without he nottis it.

p.s: don't ever trust on anybody.

It is a very normal feeling..that means you love that person very much.I have this feeling is awful because you can't stop it