Anonymous
Anonymous asked in PetsFish · 1 decade ago

Can i keep black moor goldfish ourdoor pond during winter also?

in my place during winter there will never snowfall. and temperature will remain:

Hi = 75 degree F or 24 degree C

Lo = 14 degree F or 1 Degree C

i have kept some young koi and some shubunkin goldfish already and they are doing well. i heard that black moor are fancy variety so they can't live in cold water, is it true?

Favorite Answer

Common goldfish, Comets, Shubunkins, Japanise Fantails, and Black Moors are the five types of goldfish that are winter hardy in cold climates. Other types may or may not survive the winter in a cold climate but believe me these five varieties will do well in outdoor pond during winter also.

I have a black moor in my pond for about last three years or more, and winter, summer, spring, and fall, he's living happily. So, I don't think Black moor will die from the cold.

Oranda = 46 and 68 degrees F Shubunkin = 32 - 68 degrees F Lionhead = 46 - 71 degrees F & Fantail = 46 - 68 degrees So you can definately keep shubunkin goldfish in your outdoor pond during winter also but u should house other fish in indoor aquarium during winter.

We had handful of fancy goldfish in an outdoor pond and the surface nearly totally froze over without a single one ending up in fish heaven.

the fish would probably be ok in the winter. Goldfish love cold water! I wouldn't know though, since i have never owned a pond.

I want one though and plan on getting one someday.

fancy goldfish can live outdoors. Just make sure the pond isn't completely frozen. He should be fine. Acclimate him to the outside first.. the extreme temperature shock will kill any fish.

I heard from a specialist that gold fish can be kept under ice in China during winter. But I don't know if this applies to you special fish.

none of the fancy varities do well in the cold, better bring the moor inside for the winter

Source(s): goldfish breeder 35 yrs pondkeeper 30 yrs

Better call a dealer