tatami asked in HealthDiet & Fitness · 1 decade ago

Consequences of ice(frozen water) craving?

i love munching ice...but i tried to control the amount.... is there any consequences to munching ice? if there is...wat is the resolution?.

i would like people to post your comments...or even better an expert to help me and answer this question =)

thxs

Favorite Answer

although it's a good way to "burn energy", because it has to "heat up" inside the body before it's used - the problem is that food entering the body, should be a moderate temperature. Temperatures too hot can damage the enzymes in the stomach, and if they're too cold they slow them down and as a result aren't as effective.this is what we learnt in biology.

Chewing ice can be damaging to the teeth. Are you craving a mineral that might be in the ice? My daughter eats ice when she's pregnant.

I usually get a sore throat from eating to much ice.

• garica

i do no longer think of its available to respond to that question with so little data. i'm yearning foodstuff yet i'm hoping i'm no longer pregnant.. Oh nicely, what would be would be.. this is faith :] Take care^^

it could b a sign of low iron in your body and you should try taking vitamins with lots of iron in them oh and also it gives you a sore throat

Source(s): myself use to be the same way went to the doc and thats what he told me

brain freeze.