Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Cars & TransportationMaintenance & Repairs · 1 decade ago

What is the best way to gently clean the leather interior of my 2001 Camry???

What are the steps needed to make sure the leather doesn't break down in the sunlight,etc...Thanks for your answer...Tom Science 4

Favorite Answer

Go to your local Lexus dealership and to the parts department and get the Lexus cleaner and conditioner for leather seats.

At home take a warm damp wash cloth and clean all the leather down good. Then use the cleaner by the instructions. Then use the conditioner by the instructions.

It will make your seats so soft and supple you won't want to get out of them. Even will make hard BMW leather soft and baby like.

Did this exact process and chemicals for years for my high line customers. Anything else on the market is junk and a waste of money. I've tried them all. Lexus would never tell me who makes their conditioner but its the best stuff hands down by far. Also smells great.

Source(s): automotive paint & cosmetics expert

An old school trick that is readily available is saddle soap. You can get it in the shoe section of any department store. It works well as a light cleaner and conditioner.

• I haven't found any better product than Lexol! you can order it online or find it at some auto parts stores and it doesnt cost a fortune.