Limeyb asked in Business & FinanceCredit · 1 decade ago

Christmas debt, is it just me or does anybody else feel like their in a little bit of debt this Christmas!!??

I think its time to start making some money :)

Favorite Answer

On average, Americans go into debt $800 to $1,200 at Christmas so you're definitely not alone.

Next Christmas, decide how much you can pay off (realistically) by the end of the month (so you're not carrying Christmas debt into the summer) and make out a list with every person you want to give to and how much you can spend on them. Add the list together and if it's more than you can pay off by the end of the month, drop some names or figure out some less expensive gifts.

• Kitty

I NEVER go into debt due to any holiday !!

I shop all year long and save thousands.

CHRISTmas is not about getting everyone the best of everything. Those having difficulty this years would do well to to simply write a loving note to family and friends explaining that they cannot afford to buy gifts this year. Nice dream huh? To bad more people don't know why we really celebrate CHRISTmas in the first place.