promotion image of download ymail app
Promoted

Are you envious of those who hold the title of 'One of the Top 10 Answer'ers'?

Do you even care about them? Well let me know because I am not one, and I don't even know if it makes that much of a deal. All I'm thinking is to have answered that many questions and to have received over 2000 best answers in the amount of time that Yahoo answers has even been 'on air ' so to speak then either well please explain your point of view. Thanks

4 Answers

Relevance
  • ratboy
    Lv 7
    1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

I used to be envious, but it no longer matters to me. It's funny, at first everybody is obsessed with points. But by the time you reach Level 7, it doesn't matter much anymore, you come here not for the points but because you've already spent so much time here that you enjoy it. There are worse ways to spend time than helping people. :-) Anyway, it surprises me that these people at the top of the leaderboard still care so much about points when the points thing got old for me within just a few months.

• Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • Eden*
    Lv 7
    1 decade ago

I don't really even think about them, I used to, but a lot of their answers are pretty unsubstantial anyway which seems to defeat the purpose of the site being a database of knowledge.

I must be one of the few here that rarely checks the leaderboard. I'm just not that bothered by points and positions on meaningless leaderboards. It means so much more to me when I provide an answer and someone e-mails me to say, thanks that answer really did help me.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

For me, it beats endless games of solitaire.

Also, it is a challenge to see if I can get to the top slot. Richard has proven to be a worthy member and Judas Rabbi is equally dedicated.

be advised that three of the Top Ten (Raju, Flir and Kevin) have stopped activitity. Leaderboard Burnout is a real consideration

• no....but i wish my answer wud b selected as d best 1.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.