how do you replace a crt in a rear projection tv?

• ratboy
    Favorite Answer

Depends on the model.

Your best bet is to ask an expert.

http://experts.about.com/q/TV-VCR-Stereo-1749/Sony...

This website has experts in all fields, including this guy who repairs rear projections TVs for a living. If you ask your question there, you'll get a much better answer than you'll get here.

I'll be honest with you....I have had some people ATTEMPT to

replace their CRT in a PROJO....and they made a $300 3 hour job into a $700 "Fix the Damage done by customer" job.....and it added 2-3 weeks to the repair time.....

Anyways....You will NEVER ever be able to adjust the convergence unless you have EXPERIENCE in it....

Heck, the first time I did it...it looked AWFUL! And I'm a Technician....But.....I took the TV to the shop, spent 3 days studying/adjusting, and it turned out good....

It's just that there is a MAJOR learning curve when you do it the FIRST time.....

Do what you want....I hope you find a TV tech dedicated enough to fix your damage. Some places won't even TOUCH your TV if you attempt a DIY repair......

I'm not one of those.....

Source(s): 24 years servicing TV sets....
  • JP

Take the previous posters' advice. If you havn't studied to do it, why would you think you could? CRT rear-pro's also have high voltages, you could hurt yourself. Have a professional fix it.