Should I tell my kids Santa ain't real?

My kids be 3 and 5. I think it's high time they did some learnings and knew that Santa ain't real. What do ya reckon?

Favorite Answer

I personally wouldnt tell them! My son is six...and he still believes in Santa.

Hi kids aged 3-5 are too small to Know the realities of the life, They should enjoy the life, As they are seeing the Christmas celebration in their schools they are much more talking about Santa, and are curious to know more and more about them, It is advisable to tell them stories about Santa and after a year or two when they are aged 8+ U can well tell them reality.

Let children Enjoy

MERRY CHRISTMAS

Merry Christmas

No let their imaginations grow some more, too many children growing up way too quickly these days, if you are a christian person try introducing them to what Christmas is meant to be celebrated for and find some information on where Santa originated from (European origins) in story form, this is what I did when my daughter first started asking if Santa was real when she was about 10 (I have a sneaking suspicion she cottoned on way before that though) Hope this helps more than confuses and Merry Christmas to you and your family from me and mine in Australia.

• Donna

Santa is real. He lives in the heart of a child. Let them believe as long as possible. Kids have very few things in this world to believe in. Let Santa be one of them.

No No No they are to young waite a bit let them have fun in enjoying Christmas and getting presents I mean they are only 5 and 3 they are still babies but I guess it is up to you...

You should be with them right now not on here ....

Merry Christmas

In my opinion, I truly believe that we should never ever lie to our kids... if they ask.. then tell them the honest truth.. I have a 20 year old son that asked me questions about my days.. things that I am not proud of ... I was a drug user and worse.. but I have told him the truth.. and he and I are so very close now, I think he respects me... Jeez sorry to get so far off the question( or did I) ... really it is about teaching your kids that it is not OK to lie...not matter what...so you can fool your kids for a while and surprise them with presents.. but if they ask please don't ever lie... good luck...they will respect you more I promise...

• Arnoux

No, don't spoil the fun. Let them enjoy the season of Love, Generousity and Happiness. Merry Christmas. HO-HO-HO!!

- From Santa Claus

I think you shouldn't because I liked to think that there was a fat man in a red suite going all around the world giving children gifts.I figured it out by myself that it wasn't real.I really want to still believe in him.Let them figure it out,but now let them believe in these things.Its only a short time we are kids.They should enjoy it.

Wouldn't it be nice if Santa Clause was real, and George W. was make believe?

I think in this sad world we live in now days,,,,,,,,NO,,,let them be kids and carefree as long as possible. I only wish there really was a Santa-I'd have asked for a new president.