promotion image of download ymail app
Promoted
Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Games & RecreationCard Games · 1 decade ago

Upon your 18th birthbay, are you still allowed to compete in official Yu-Gi-Oh! TCG tournaments?

4 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

At a recent Shonen Jump Championship in Anaheim (a tour of tournaments in North America that draws the top players), one of the players to make the Top 8 was Kirk Leonhardt, whose son Lance is also a top duelist, and who appears to be over 40 years of age. He used a unique deck relying on removing cards from play instead of sending them to the graveyard, which enabled him to use DD Survivor to excellent effect and even The Immortal of Thunder, a monster from the old Metal Raiders set that has probably never seen the final rounds of a prestigious tournament before (it has a Flip Effect - gain 3000 life points, then lose 5000 life points after it is flipped if it is sent from the field to the graveyard).

Some low-level events such as Hobby Leagues might have age cut-offs, and I have read of tournaments that have age-restricted divisions (usually with an Open division for anyone older), but don't think the top tournaments have any such restrictions.

• Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • 1 decade ago

Official Yu-gi-oh! Tournaments for Upper Deck Entertainment have NO limit to the age you can be. I have been to a few HL and have never heard of any limit at those either. It basically is up to you and how long you care to be a duelist.

• 1 decade ago

i think its limit is 16,im not so sure,try checking it out on:

www.yu-gi-ohcard.com

• 1 decade ago

does it make u happy???,we shouldnt stop things in our life because its perceived as being childish. I mean what makes you really happy?

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.