Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and the Yahoo Answers website is now in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

Whats the average cost to replace an engine on a 93 Z71 blazer with a 350 parts and labor??

93 Fullsize Z71 Chevy Blazer 4wd. I would like to just buy a new engine and have it put in, I just want to know the average cost.

Favorite Answer

A NEW motor will cost you about $2,000 to $3000. A good rebuilt will cost you about $1,200 to $1,500. Are you buying the New Motor from a Chevy dealer or a Auto Parts Store. The best is from the dealer, but it is more expensive. The dealer has a better warranty. Get a Crate motor. Get a Long Block. The long block is complete. The average cost will run about $500 to $1,500 to install the motor. That's taking the old one out and putting the new one in. Depending on who does it. On average you looking at $2,000 to $3,000. Get someone who knows what they are doing.

The cost replacing your engine if you have to pay for everything (like the motor and the labor) is probably more than this vehicle is worth. Unless you are willing to get your hands dirty and do the labor yourself (replacing an engine is easy...at least I think so) then I'd suggest you sell the vehicle as is and put the money into something that runs.

• ?

relies upon on the save. shops charge through the hour, yet rates variety. Upwards of $ninety an hour is common. The starter itself would desire to be like $2 hundred. i'd advise going to places like NAPA, progressed motor vehicle, motor vehicle Zone and such and ask for the fee for a sparkling starter. If the save costs a cost lots larger, do no longer enable them to do the paintings. The activity shouldn't take extra then a 0.5 hour to an hour. So particularly approximately $290

If you like the truck (I have a 97 z71 and will keep it till the wheels fall off- 180,000mi ) replace it. I agree with the $3000 cost(purchase from dealer ++warranty). you'll save $ on insurance and upkeep. just put that $500+ payment up for future repairs because you'll probably encounter a few.