Did your kids open up gifts Christmas eve or Christmas day?

Favorite Answer

I woke up my 6 year old son around 2am, telling him "santa" had dropped off a bunch of presents under our tree. He's still up! and its almost 6!

The kids open their gifts early Christmas day.

Christmas Eve we all take a ride around and look at Christmas lights. Been doing that since the kids were first born. They are 5-6 now and love every minute of it.

Our family tradition is to have a big Christmas Eve dinner and then open the gifts the next morning. We do it this way because my kids are grown up and their spouses run into conflicts with wanting to be with their family on Christmas day, usually for a dinner, so we found it's just easier this way.

kids open them Christmas morning. Why? Santa comes Christmas Eve.

Regular presents Christmas Eve, stockings on Christmas morning. A stealthy approach was a little tough, as my son outlasted us all last night. He was up until 1:00 AM (at least) playing his new computer game.

Christmas morning.

im 16,

but every year its the same,

i open presents with my mom's side of the family on christmas eve,

and go to my dad's side of the family on christmas day.

it's easier to split the holiday this way.

My kids always get books on Xmas eve to help them settle & then santa presents on Xmas day

It never get opened at all. Because we have to pass it as a gift to others, instead of buying gifts. Talk of the economics of Recycling!

well i dont have kids but when i did have christmas we opended then on christmas eve and christmas day