promotion image of download ymail app
Promoted
[tha kid] asked in HealthMen's Health · 1 decade ago

Foreskin cleaning?

I want to clean my foreskin but it hurts when i try to retract it becuase i am not circumsized, what do i do?

11 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

Just pull it back slowly and rinse it first. Then, while it's back, use only a little bit of soap because if you use a lot, that could cause pain as well.

• Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • 1 decade ago

I don't think that your problem is due to the circumcision, at all!

Every guys born with forskin because is a very important part of the penis. Generally, it must be free to move completely uncovering the glans. That just is the movement that the foreskin has to do during sex and any time we have the need to do that (during the cleaning, after peeing, etc.). If you feel pain it isn't normal and will depend from some circumstance. The Phimosis, in the case your foreskin is too tight and don't let the glans to be exposed; or a coming out rash that holds back the movements. I don't know how old are you and if in the past your foreskin was able to move, but if you know that it always has been snug, then the Phimosis will be the true cause. Talk with your physician or with your dad because the Phimosis goes away thro a simple cut (no circumcision) and with one confinement only in hospital.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

first off, can you retract fully? If not you need to work on that one first so as to be able to fully expose the head/glans.

second, don't try too hard to clean under the foreskin. simply retract it as far as possible and let the water in the shower wash away any dirt or other stuff that is in there. Copious amounts of water will do the trick even if you cannot retract fully.

basically, foreskin is porecsent to protect the head from friction and drying out. However if you cannot retract fully or are new to retracting, your glans is going to be quite sensitive and even lightly washing it can hurt some. So, don;t force th eissue, just start slowly and work up to it. Gradually, with more exposure th ehead will get used to seeing the light of day and being washed. Oh, and if you get any soap on there, be sure to rins eit off really well; soap can irritate such a sensitive area.

• 1 decade ago

You probably have phimosis (this happes when it hurts to retract)

You most probaly need circumcision.

Now some info on circumcision, keep reading....

CIRCUMCISION IS VERY BENEFICIAL, its cleaner and several research bodies have concluded that circumcised men have less risk of contracting STD's such as AIDS-HIV or herpes.

Uncircumcised penises are difficult to keep clean, and more prone to infections and penile cancer, studies have shown.

A circumcised penis is naturally clean and virtually free from urinary infection. You will not have to worry again with careful washing of your penis.

Have a look at: http://www.baby-health.net/articles/381.html

About STD's:

As I said, several studies carried out by prestigious research bodies have concluded that uncircumcised penises are more prone to infections and contraction of STD's, including AIDS-HIV. Circumcised men have been proved to be up to seven times less likely to be infected than those who are uncircumcised. Have a look at this site: http://www.torontodailynews.com/index.php/HealthNe...

As for women, studies also show that circumcision also protects female partners from AIDS-HIV and other STD's. Browse this article: http://www.hopkinsmedicine.org/Press_releases/2006...

About sensitivity of a circumcised penis:

No medical or physiological study has proved that circumcision reduces sensitivity, opposed to common belief. It is completely FALSE that circumcision reduces penis sensitivity. The American Academy of Paediatrics (AAP) confirms this on their web site; have a look at: http://www.aap.org/pubed/zzzjzmemh4c.htm

Circumcision is an easy and nowadays *painless* procedure, which has many benefits, and virtually no risks.

Circumcision is NOT an amputation. Circumcision is NOT comparable at all to female circumcision, which is something completely different.

Circumcision rates are INCREASING nowadays, both in the United States and overseas. Many African and South American countries with little circumcision tradition are starting to promote the procedure to help to reduce the AIDS-HIV infection rates.

Finally, this site has a lot of useful and *unbiased* information. Make sure you have a good look: http://www.circinfo.net

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Use a Brillo pad and some ajax. No seriously...if you are having pain when you retract it there might be a problem. Ask your doctor why you are having pain. A Urologist Jim!

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Better You ask Your girl friend for a little assistance...

Honest: Girls are very sensitive in that case. They

do pay respect ---- and it is more FUN ....

Aaron.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

you need to manually stretch your foreskin with your hands or get a glansie.

• dedum
    Lv 6
    1 decade ago

http://www.healthboards.com/boards/showthread.php?...

here is a link that should help you with this issue. Do the stretching every day. Good Cheer! -dd

• 1 decade ago

cotton ball an alittle water sound do it with out hurting so bad..

• 1 decade ago

it should not feel the pain, unless you are still a teenages.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.