Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Games & RecreationCard Games · 1 decade ago

Texas Hold'em Experience: What's the best hand you had and still lost a showdown (and what hand beat you)?

The one I remember most was when I had an A high club flush,

and I was beaten by a club (4-8) straight flush in a showdown...

Favorite Answer

At a casino tourney we were down to 12 (top 9 got paid) from 110 players and I was dealt 8,9 spades in the big blind. Two other callers limped so I checked. The flop came out 10, jack, queen all of spades....(sweet, flopped a straight flush...which was my first in a live game). So with all the check and re-raising, at the river I ended up with all my chips in the center against the big stack (I also had a decent stack). When we turned over our cards I confidently threw down my "Straight Flush" and he chuckled and showed me his limped in hand of Ace, King of spades for the Royal Flush....owned and busted.

I had four 8's they had four 9's

• i got scared when this guy come all the way with me. at last he show, he has one pair of A's & one pair of K's . he has two pairs. i got two of two & three of three . fullhouse - bingo - thats my showdown . i win big .

Source(s): just a story i create

damn yankee fan.... it doesn't get worse than that!!!