high waisted jeans coming back in style in 2007?

it's not much of a big debate right now since low rise is all over the place, but with skinny jeans being such a popular trend among women it could signal the comeback of high waisted jeans. kelis sported the look in her video "bossy" over the summer. ciara has made some appearances on tv wearing the look, as well as on her video. for some reason i had always thought it would slowly come back just because of the whole '80s craze going on right now. designers are creating high waisted skirts and shorts, so jeans might be the next thing to look for next fall.

so are you going to wear the look or stick to low rise cut jeans?

Favorite Answer

i hope not, jeans are tacky anyway, especially on a girl, i wish they'd all be burnt and ruined

I think they are on their way back. The backlash on low-rise jeans is inevitable. At least I'm tired of seeing butt-cracks and muffin tops everywhere I go. I remember there was a time when the high-rise jean was a standard until the late 90s, when the low-rise craze took over. In my opinion the high-rise comeback is a good sign. The reaction I see in so many women is negative toward this trend but we have to remember the reaction was the same when the low-rise came out. If skinny jeans are all the rage right now, and Kate Moss created a buzz last September when she show up at a London fashion show with a pair of high-rise jeans, its just a matter of time to see a lot of women wearing them. And after all, high-rise jeans on a woman with an hourglass figure enhances the curves, makes the legs look longer and are sexier than their low-rise counterparts.

I hope high waisted jeans come back in style because these jean cuts are NOT meant for someone with a booty. I have about 4 pairs of jeans right now that I literally have to cut off circulation to my vaginal area with a belt in order to keep 'em on my butt. (G UNit, Baby Phat and Akademics)...

God I hope high waisted jeans don't come back. They make even the thinest of woman look like she has a tummy pooch. I didn't get sucked into the skinny jeans fad, I won't get sucked into the high waisted jean fad.

eeeewwwwwwwwwwww! Harry High Pants!!! I don't think so! Nope, i'll just stick to my comfy hipsters! In shorts, skirts, AND jeans! My sister, on the other hand, would be very happy if they did come back in, coz she likes that sort of stuff :)

Oh I hope not, well actually I don't really care because I'm not into following trends. But if I see it everywhere like the skinny jean I'm going to vomit.

If they can make a medium rise pants,that's what I'd wear. I'm so tired of wondering if people can aee my a** crack anytime I bend over.I wish lowrise would die

LOW RISE FOR LIFE

low rise..keep it simple peoples

low rise,,,