Home Remedy...What to do for an ear ache.?

With the Holidays..Drs. closed and I need to know what to do for an ear ache here at home right now?

Favorite Answer

Either place a few drops of sweet oil, in your ear or place your ear on a warm surface, such as a heating pad, set on low.

Warm oil, baby or sweet oil. Put it in the ear and let it seep down in until you can get to the Dr. on Tuesday. Or you can go to the ER and it will cost a bunch but if it gets too bad, I strongly suggest that you do just that.

Get a new sock (clean is really good :) ) Fill it with salt and place in the microwave for 10 seconds at a time. Once comfortably warm , lay down with your painful ear against it and the bed

ok here ya go this works the best... If you have some vicks sav put alttle in a spoon an get it hot off a stove or anything, get it to melt get an let it cool alittle but not enought to gel back up then have someone out it in your ear... It well stop it right then, my mom always did that to me when i was little.. It works great good luck!!!

Go to the ER. Most larger hospitals have an Urgent Care facility within their Emergency Care Center so it won't cost you like an ER visit would. DO NOT WAIT!!! Your ear drum could rupture and then you would lose your hearing.

Source(s): healthcare professional

Seriously, ear infections can become very serious and can mean you end up in bed for 3 months or more because you lose your sense of balance.

Go to a doctor as soon as possible.

don't laugh, but my grandmother used to warm a little olive oil and take a cotton ball and dip it in the olive oil and then put it in the ear. Don't ask, but it did work. It sounds stupid but she would swear by it.

• pommac

Dragonlady and Rustybone are correct.