promotion image of download ymail app
Promoted

Plavix is a blood thinner. Any Natural Herb Known to take it's place?

I take baby asprin in the morning to help keep my blood thin. And one 75mg plavix at night. I have had 10 heart surgeries & have 11 stints. But would like to stop the Plavix(Clopidogrel)

6 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

Plavix is not actually a blood thinner. It rather prevents platelets from clotting. It is imperative that you not stop taking Plavix unless directed by your cardiologist!! Your body sees your stents as a foreign body. The body's automatic immune response is to clot off an area that it sees as foreign. Most likely your platelets would attack where your stent is placed, therefore blocking off the artery again. This would most likely result in chest pain & potentially a heart attack.

• Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago

White Willow Bark. Be careful with it, and with other herbs that you mix with any blood thinner. Evening Primrose, Garlic, Ginger, and a few others don't mix.

Why would you want to stop the Plavix?

• 1 decade ago

Hi there,

Garlic (lasuna) and Guggulu (Comiphora mukul) are known to reduce blood cholestrol levels.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

yohimbe ,garlic,sassafrass tea dandelion root no quick fix.capsicum with garlic and parsley

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 decade ago

i take both .. i dont understand why you would want to stop taking something that is helping you stay alive

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

garlic, red wine, onions, vinegar

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.