Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Cars & TransportationCar MakesChevrolet · 1 decade ago

How to lower a 2000 Chevy Blazer?

I have a 2000 Chevy Blazer and want to lower it some. Not as a low rider but at least a few inches. Will this make the ride more rough? How expensive is it? Will this mess with or effect the 4x4 at all? What does it take to lower it properly, not a back yard quicky?

Mechanics please give your 2 cents.

Favorite Answer

Buy a lower kit. You can get them on eBay or JC Whitney, SUVxcessories, autoanything.com. 4X4 are more expensive than 2WD to lower. The handling will improve. To keep the ride you'll need to get new shock absorbers with the lowering kit. Don't use lowering coils if you don't have to.

You'll lose the 4X4 abilities. You won't have the ground clearance. The ride might be a little rougher. The cost will be around $300 to $500 or more depending on what kit you get. Belltech is good but expensive. The best way to lower the vechile is Drop Spindles in the front and lowering blocks in the back. I'm not sure you can get drop spindles for a 4X4. You'll probaly have to use Lowering coils. The best is 2 inches in the front and 3 inches in the back. This way you keep your stock tires. Any more than this and the tires will have to be changed. I lowered a 2000 S10 Blazer 2 WD and what a difference in handling. I also lowered a 2004 Chevy Trailblazer 4X4 and what a difference in handling. I hade to use lowering coils for the 4X4 Trailblazer. I'm getting ready to lower my 2002 GMC Sonoma. If you can't do it yourself get a good mechanic to do it for you. You'll need specials tools to put in lowering coils. Get you front end realigned afterwards.

Hope I've been helpful. Merry Christmas.

Source(s): Experience.

This Site Might Help You.

RE:

How to lower a 2000 Chevy Blazer?

Mechanics please give...

Source(s): 2000 chevy blazer: https://tr.im/DjPEv
  • rulon

Trailblazer Lowering Kit

Yes, it will affect the 4x4.......you don't lower 4 wheel drives!......is this like your first vehicle? Hey, don't mess up a nice truck, sell the Blazer to someone who really needs a 4x4 and buy yourself a little Nissan Sentra and buzz around in that until you learn more about cars.

ya really who the hell would want to lower a truck. i have a 2004 ford f-250 with a 9 inch lift with 41 inch boggers. bad *** truck

i hate it when people lower trucks and i think it is the ugliest thing in the world you would be better off putting some 44 ince tires on it and mud run it. TRUCKS GO UP AND CARS GO DOWN!!!!!!!!!!!!!