We tell each other we "dont love each other like we used to" is it time to get a divorce?

We argue about everything, and tell each other we dont love each other like we used to. But we have two small children. I dont know what to do. I feel like the only people who are nice to me dont reside at home or at my work place.

Favorite Answer

No! The only valid reason for getting a divorce is if your partner is unfaithful.

You made a vow that went like this:

"For better or for worse, for richer or for poorer, in sickness and in heatlh - till death do you part!"

I want divorce for any reason other than the aforementioned to become ILLEGAL! I'm sick of hearing about it!

You face a problem that all too many face these days. Your children are a very important part of the dilema. You may want to stay together for them. You should ask yourself and your spouse if there is any possible way that you can work out your differences. Divorce is hard on everybody and expensive. The only real positive angle to it is that you and your spouse become elligible to marry again.

Your children will adapt to whatever you do. It will affect them regardless because they live in the home, however stable or broken. if you stay in an unhappy relationship, they will feel that as well. You should at least try taking a positive step towards reconciliation. If that will not work, then go as painlessly and as positively as you can towards the break up.

grow up!

running away will not solve the issue

are you in a partnership

or a play? If it is a play, you should have read the script prior to the commitment. RE WRITE

it is not about you or your partner anymore, you CHOSE to have

children, now it is time to face the consequences of and the responsibility of that choice.

both parents need to be parents and do the work required to raise healthy children. GET SOME HELP!

Stop

Take a few steps back

Take several deep breaths

Try to analyze what is going wrong

Be fair

Most problems are fixable when you have some help

If after everything and I do mean EVERYTHING possible has been done to put things back together to no avail...

Get out make a new life for yourself. ASAP

loligo1@yahoo.com

Source(s): long hard knocks

Have you and your spouse thought about marriage counseling.Maybe you should talk to someone either a marriage counselor or someone from your church if you belong. You need to have a third party to guide you and help with this decision. Even if you spouse will not go to councling you can go by yourself. This will help in the decision making.

It's just a passing phase. Try and be patient, if not for anyone, then at least for the sake of your children. This too, will pass. It's happened to me too, I bid my time and now we're fine, though I too had thought of throwing it all away at one time.

• Smriti

I think its time to try being active to make the relationship work again before you take any harsh decisions. Every relationship goes through a 'low' phase and you need to overcome that by being active and cooperative.