Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and beginning April 20th, 2021 (Eastern Time) the Yahoo Answers website will be in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

I wanted to know why my id dheeraj_20@yahoo.com was delisted couple of weeks back?its my 8 year old id.?

i have been using my yahoo id dheeraj_20@yahoo.com from the year 1999 or so, but couple of weeks back it was delisted by yahoo or someone i dont know without any prior intimation... i had all my important emails stored for 7 long years and within flash everything got removed... i just wanted the answer why was my ID delisted... Thanks in advance.

Update:

i have been using my yahoo id dheeraj_20@yahoo.com from the year 1999 or so, but couple of weeks back it was delisted by yahoo or someone i dont know without any prior intimation... i had all my important emails stored for 7 long years and within flash everything got removed... i just wanted the answer why was my ID delisted... my account is always logged in for 8 hours everyday, so no chance of account gettting expired. Also, i tried contacting yahoo but i got no feedback or any replies... they suggest to go for forgot password, i tried that too but did not work, so on the whole tried everything but i got no correct answer for anything... let me get the answer from you people if u had faced the similar problem... Thanks in advance.

4 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

If you do not use your email for a period of 4 months, Yahoo will deactivate it.

Did you go that long without using it?

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

I have not know about this, i think you need to ask yahoo help line for this type of quesiton.

• 1 decade ago

contact Yahoo. get it straight from the horses mouth!

• 1 decade ago

could of been de-listed for non use, think its 30 or 60 days (not sure which) that will case it to be de-activated.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.