Anonymous
Anonymous asked in HealthMental Health · 1 decade ago

How do I stop a person from committing suicide?

I found a suicide note that my husband wrote. He wrote it sometime in the last few days I suspect. When I caught my husband looking a videos of child pornography, I lost it. The kid I saw was roughly 10 years old...the same age I was when I was raped and molested. I began having nightmares and completely reliving that time. We tried couple counceling one time, but she wanted he and I to spend MORE time together to fix things. I needed to be away. I talked to someone I THOUGHT was a friend and could trust. I was soooo wrong. Now alot of people know, but he is angry. Yes a small part is because people know, but he is VERY angry because I won't work things out and it's just one more thing in his life he has messed up. At work he is violent and no one wants to be near him because they are afraid of getting hurt. I have tried talking to him about that. He doesn't listen. He focuses on his screw ups. How do I get help for him? What do I do? I am scared for him.

He is on 150 mg of Effexor for depression and has started drinking heavily and smoking pot again. I have the number for his doctor. Should I call him? He didn't seem like he wanted to listen to anything I had to say period, when we had a couples session with him. At least the shrink listened. My husband also has a habit of telling the doctors things really aren't as bad as they seem. He doesn't tell the whole truth. He doesn't lie to them, but omits important info.

To the best of my knowlege, he does NOT look at child porn anymore...only excessive amounts of regular porn.

I filled in on the details because the kiddy porn started it all and the Effexor might be making it worse since one of the side effects is suicidal and manic thoughts. And to let you know that a shrink and doctor have been involved in the past.

Favorite Answer

Hey, this is to all you sick SHITS who are encouraging her to LET HIM COMMIT SUICIDE. You're EVEN MORE AWFUL and SICK than a child molester for wishing death upon him. He's a depressed human being who HASN'T ACTUALLY MOLESTED anyone, and he clearly still means a lot, or at least SOMETHING, to this very unfortunate and courageous woman. Get a ******* grip on reality already.

Anyway, to answer the question, commit him to a psych ward. He needs to be under constant supervision in such a self-destructive mental state.

Take that note that suicide to a health professional or to the cops even, make an emergency call also to the stress line if you have any set up than you will further figure out what you are going to do.

They say all talk of suicide is suppose to taken seriously. It can also be used a control tactic then you are not happy just living for the present.

Looks like this guy needs lot of professional help and is in major depression. Pented up anger is what turns people into depression, deep seated pain which is unresolved. Focusing on the negative is too much!

I went for counselling with my first husband, he came from a mental basket case family history. Many times, he use to make me feel like I was the problem with his mind games and mental abuse.

Alcohol and certain medications do not mix, it reminds me of unsolved mysteries when people black out. I feel a shiver something does not seem right.

Do you have a suicide prevention hotline in your area? If you are not sure you can call Alternatives to Violence and they will have the number or your local police department.

They have the answers that you are needing right now.

I have a question however, why would you feel it necessary to tell us why he's wanting to kill himself? Is it because you want the world to know he's had a problem or because you felt the information was valid. I don't think we needed to be filled in on all the details. I would hate to have my spouse write stuff on the web like this. Are you sure you are not punishing him for his problems?

You need to be in counciling also, they will address the issues that you are facing and help you to cope. I do hope you don't have any children. If so, you may want to include them in the counciling.

Get to a suicide prevention hotline and do what they recommend.

Good luck!

It sounds like he's a world class manipulator. You have your hands full with this one. You have a sucide note so you can have him commited call the cops but don't tell him you are calling. What he has done is against the law and he sholud be punished for this before he hurts a child.

Call 1-877-727-4747 They might have ideas. He appears to be very involved with a thought that could be managed out of him. Help yourself first and then offer him some.

• Ted T

According to previous questions you have asked, you are already separated and have filed for divorce. Why are you still involved with him other than through your lawyer? The man is obviously tending towards paedophilia and is unstable. There is nothing you can do to help him.

call the police and let them know what that you found child pornography at his house. Let the police deal with it, Remember the next child could be yours. They will deal with the pornography and the suicide

ask the shirnk to change the anti-depressent to one that doesnt hav suicidak sideffets, yes there are goin g to be other side offects, but try going for a medication with a less serious side effect

hope that helped

Source(s): ive thoiught about commiting suicde before, but my friends have alaways backed me out of it. with things like what would happen with my family and my friends if i died, and that made me think that i didnt want to hurt anybody but myself and to hurt myself physically id have to hurt other people ,entally and i really didnt want that to hapen
  • Adam

Yea if i were you id help from out of arms reach he sounds a little dangerous, seriously, call somebody. theres suicide hotlines if you think he's really gong to kill himself. I dont know exactly who to call but prolly a hospital or police station could tell you

good greif, first of all he isnt your problem,this man has way to many deep issues for you to clear up,he needs to be commited for a long time with people that have trained for people like him, if i was you he would have to go away, he sounds like a freak to me, if his own coworkers will not talk to him becouse they are afraid, then you must be scared of him to,there isnt anything to work out, just let him go and what ever he does isnt your fault, hes a grown man and can make his own decisions,, just like you can