Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureOther - Society & Culture · 1 decade ago

Please I really need help..........?

I know this is gonna sound alittle crazy but ever since i was little i have been so so so afraid of scary movies and scary anything i can not stand the dark one day i was in the shower and someone turned the light out on me and i cryed and sat in the shower ....also the other day i was playing x box 360 well i was playing the game f.e.a.r. and at the begining u know how the little girl jumps up to the screen and u see an image of a dead guy well i ran threw the house crying i can not play it ........i have to take my game back now =( im 14 years old by the way ....does anyone else feel this way or am i the only one???If not how can i over come my fears?

Favorite Answer

Personally, I think you should see a therapist to get to the bottom of this. It is obviously aggravating you a lot and you want to out grow it. If you can't or won't do that right now, then I want you to start thinking of the scary movies in the way they are made. If you can, watch films on hows movies are made - even better, watch one being made live. When you see a scary scene, you will start thinking about the guys behind the camera, the scrip person, the make up people, the wardrobe people, etc. that are all standing around for the 30 seconds or one minute for that one scene. When the directors says "cut", they all get up and start moving around, eating, setting up the next scene - it's a job! It loses it's glamour and realism. I sometimes helps to think about the scary scenes with everbody naked! The image of the dead guy in the Xbox naked. They lose a lot of power running around naked that way and even become funny. Why would you not take control over the light switch rather than cry in the shower? You are NOT powerless. You have some control.

Don't ever let anyone know what scares you. Whoever turned out the light knew you would be scared. Laugh, even if you don't mean it, and it won't happen again. Did you die from it? No. And you won't, either.

Don't be so hard on yourself; acknowledging your feelings honestly is a big step in the right direction. Write about it, and you may get to the bottom of your fears. Write: who, what, where, why, and how, and you will know.

Get some help for yourself. Asking questions is the first step. You are already on your way to feeling better.

• Smriti

You need to analyze the real source of fears and why are you so afraid of them. Read your Bible or whatever Holy Book you follow and slowly you will be able to overcome all your fears. Just remember no evil can stand the power of God.

you need to realize that you are a girl and that girls scare so easily because you arent sure of what monsters lay outside the kitchen where you belong.. so dont worry.. just go into the kitchen, fix me up a sandwich and realize that just as my arguement makes no sense, so does your fear.. its all make believe, now get over yourself.

i like mustard and mayo on rye please.

The best way to overcome your fears is to face them. Just sit back down, pick up that controller and play the game! It can't hurt you, darlin'. It's not real. The dark can't hurt you, either.

~Morg~

i think your place is hunted with ghosts ...! wierd