how long should you wait to ask a guy to be in a committed relationship?

I've been seeing someone i like and at this point we haven't made it clear that we only want to see each other, but my feelings have changed and i would like to be more serious. How long should i wait?

Favorite Answer

Just say it. Before I even went out with my current man I let him know I only wanted a long-term relationship. He said he did too. We're going on three years.

You need to be upfront.

I feel you should be upfront about what your desires are from day one. Either he will accept it or move on, but never settle. You ask him for committment right way since you dont' want a man who is going to spread his seed all over the place only to come back to you and give you something undesired. Find out where his head is at and then tell him how you feel. Judging from how he responds, it will let you know if he's committment material or not. It's always hard when you've allowed your feelings and emotions to become involved in someone you aren't even sure of yourself. Good luck and pray on it.

the woman never should ask the man thats his job. some will be more bound to you, than if he is cornered to go further with you and thats not what he wants often leading to him still look for what he wants take your time no rush. most men don't like to be made to feel less in control. at the end of your rope you hint that you want more and am interested in a lasting relationship let him reply his feelings but dont corner him. if he takes too long to answer or evades then you'll know.

What do you mean by seeing? Just ask him if he'd like to get more serious. What exactly are you waiting for?

• RJ2K1

Don´t wait . Do what your hormones are telling you to do. There is absolutely no guarantee that any relationship will last forever. Separation can come quicker than an orgasm !

not a matter of time. see how the date goes and how his feelings change towards you to decide when to ask him.

Tyr asking him if he's ready. If he's going out with you at least 3 mths, then I think he's serious

Depends on his age and what "Commited relationship" means

i would say 4-6 months

What is the problem with dudes today??? Theirs no real men today dear; my generation is the last of em.