Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Computers & InternetOther - Computers · 1 decade ago

I need a Linux that is under 300 MB that supports wireless internet, not Damn Small Linux?

Favorite Answer

Knoppix is a bootable cd distribution of linux. Self configuring on boot. The only thing that I had to set was the encryption code for my wireless network. I have used it on non-encrypt wireless and was up and surfing the net with firefox in 5 minutes. Also come with a load of great programs like openoffice. Check it out.

Slax has a recent kernel that will support most wireless cards that Linux supports. It is a live cd but there is an option to install it to the hard drive. The main cd is only 192 MB and comes with KDE.