How to clean laptop's keyboard faceplate?

I have VAIO VGN-S58GP notebook and the problem is that I used to play FFXI which means playing on my laptop for hours which needs putting my hands on the keyboard most of the time...after around a year of using my laptop it now has some black spots on the keyboard face plate which i think the paint has gone off little bit..on the right and left of the mouse Touch pad so any way to clean it and get it back to its normal colour? please help asap!

Favorite Answer

this little blog thingy should help you,found in in yahoo,tech section,hope it helps.

I think ur keyboard face plate's color could not be possible to recover. Because of paints erased. But u can keep it clean all the time, its not difficult. Not everyday but 1/2days in a week u should cleane it including mouse. during claning you always should be careful so that no cleaning fluid go inside the machine. I suggest u to use petrol or alchohol with clean cloth. Alchohol is much better. Good luck

Source(s): Experience.