Dawneen asked in PetsCats · 1 decade ago

What kind of cat should I get as a second cat?

I have a wonderful cat who is almost three, but I work crazy shift working hours being in the military, I feel really bad when I leave her for 12 hours and when I get home, she cries and cries. I want to get her a friend so that she wont be so lonely, but Im not sure what kind of cat to get (Cappy is a very dominant and prissy only cat) Ive always adopted adult cats due to the fact everyone wants a kitten, but I dont know if putting two adult cats together so late in life will workout. Any advice?

Favorite Answer

I'm sorry to say, but if you don't have the time for one cat, why even consider another?

Cats can be as picky about thier friends as people are. With you not around to supervise, they might fight and injure each other.

You know your cat won't accept another cat, so don't go there.

The SPCA offers free "go backs". If you get a cat there, you can bring it back if it doesn't work out, no questions asked.

Two strange adult cats will fight most of the time. I would suggest a kitten. Or the knew cat as a temporary, I don't think the shelter will do that. But introduce them by putting the knew one in a cat carrier and letting your cat check him out that way. I also read that you can put a light perfume on both cats until they get used to each other.

Good luck. Happy Holidays.

If your cat is a girl, you can adopt either a male or female, it is a boy then you should adopt a female, because males will fight each other for territory. Also, I feel that you should adopt a cat from a local shelter, you will be saving its life. Who knows maybe that cat is about to be put to sleep. A horrible thing. I got my first cat from a shelter, he still lives with us now, I walked up and down the isle of cages until I saw him. He just caught my eye and I love him so. He's just the perfect kitty.

you will just need a couple of days to moniter them, you never know. A kitten will get a long a lot better with an older cat though so if you can do that there are probably lots of unwanted kittens

get an orange tabby. they're sweet, affectinate, good tempered, loyal, and very smart. my tabby recenty went to the vet and didn't put up a fuss when the vet looked in his ears, mouth, and even when geting shots and nail clipping, he;ll put up with anything

Source(s): every orange tabby I've met has had an awesome personality

WELL! IF UR CAT IS USED TO BE ALONE AND IS AN INDOOR CAT SHE WILL DEFINITELY FIGHT WITH THE NEW COMMER...

IF NO THEN ITS OK, BUT U MUST GIVE THEM ATTENTION FOR THE FIRST WEEK....

A Bengal Tiger would be a good choice.

• doesn't matter as long as is is a kitten, after a week, they will be best of buds. It will be a long week though.

get a cat burglar when they go out they bring cool stuff.