speedometer cluster please help?

i have a jeep grand cherokee 2000 and the speedometer is going crazy on me i was woundering if i can just go to the junkyard and pick me up another one but they only have 2001,2002,2003 can i take any of those years and put it in my jeep grand cherokee it look the same.

Favorite Answer

Yes. They develop micro cracks in the printed circuit boards. You can sodler jumper wires over the cracks.

sorry no this is a controlled item and most junk yards will not sell you one. because your mileage can be changed and its not legitimate changing your mileage is a federal crime. every time you go for a state inspection or emissions they look for this.