promotion image of download ymail app
Promoted

what are the differences between C, C++, JAVA and Visual Basic?

what can all these do?

6 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

C is a 2nd generation language procedural in nature

C ++ is an extension of C also procedural in nature

Java and VB are 4th generation languages used for the web

C and C++ are primarily used in UNIX/LINUX/Open Source applications

Java and VB are proprietary though used extensively due to their easy user interface friendly ide and are "object oriented" that is once a variable is defined it can be used to shape data accordingly simply by referring back to the original object without redefining it

Source(s): I progrtam VB and Java as a hobby. Couldn't grasp C and C++ though; too abstract.
    • Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • 1 decade ago

first c, c++, and visual basic require a compiler in order to make and use the programs you write. Java is an open source, web browsers compile it right before displaying it.

they are all fairly easy to learn, c++ and java are the most common of the four.

• 1 decade ago

C is the first highly structured language.It was found by Denis Ritchie.It is procedure oriented.But in recent years new technology came called object oriented.So developers implimented it in C & came with new language called C++.C++ is partially object oriented.Sun microsystem developed Java which is truely object oriented.VB is more diffrent than all of them.

It has GUI approch.It is event driven i.e. works in response to user event like mouse click.

• Karen
    Lv 4
    4 years ago

The syntax is the same no matter what language you are programming for.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 decade ago

They are all different software. The website says it all better than I ever can.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

http://theopensourcery.com/vbjava2.htm

Try this link.. it will help ;)

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.