Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and beginning April 20th, 2021 (Eastern Time) the Yahoo Answers website will be in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.
Why my sunflowers turned red when they died?
- Nuttie NettieLv 41 decade agoFavorite Answer
I honestly don't know. But I did find out some cool things during my research. I learned that the stem of a dead sunflower can dry out open wounds and that there is an insect known as the red sunflower seed weevil. Hope you find the answer to your question. Good luck!
In the meantime, here are a few more interesting facts about sunflowers:
- the state flower of Kansas, but it also is the national flower of Russia and one of the city flowers of Kitakyushu, Japan.
- A sunflower grown in the Netherlands holds the record for being the tallest in the world. It measured 25 feet, 5.4 inches.
- Native Americans also used the sunflower for food, extracted oil from seeds for their hair and used the seeds, flowers, petals and pollen to make dyes for face paint, clothes and baskets.
- The largest sunflower head measured 32 inches and grew in British ColumbiaSource(s): http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sunflowers http://www.sunflowernsa.com/magazine/details.asp?I... http://www.hutchnews.com/news/regional/stories/sun...
- Anonymous5 years ago
There are many vegan dishes that can be made very cheaply. Beans are a staple for most vegans, but buying the pre-cooked ones in the cans is very expensive; buy dry beans instead, and cook them yourself. Rice also plays many different roles in vegan cooking. Paired with beans, it will give you a complete protein, such as you might derive from meat or tofu, but at a much lower cost. With modern freezer technology, getting satisfactory vegetables all year round isn't a problem; you'll probably find the cost between fresh and frozen vegetables pretty comparable, too. As an added bonus, frozen vegetables usually contain more vitamins because they're picked at the peak of ripeness (this is opposed to fresh produce, which is picked before ripeness for ease of shipping). Peanut butter is certainly cheaper for sandwiches than meat, but hummus might be a little more expensive. If you're up to it, you might want to make your own bread as well. Another fairly inexpensive food that you'll probably use often is protein beverage powder. It gives you tons of nutrients, is reasonably priced (if you buy it in large amounts), and often tastes pretty good. Whole Foods has a chocolate flavored mix that I like a lot. With a vegan diet, as with an onmivorous diet, the key to saving money is to make most of the food yourself and not get caught up in pre-prepared products. Don't bother with vegan imitations of other foods, such as dairy-free "cheese," soy ice cream, or anything like that (they're expensive and don't taste anything like the real thing). Buy nuts, dried fruit, and flour in bulk when you can.
- 6 years ago
Oh. They must of gotten burnt by the sun. When they do that, it's just like your skin. Get it now? Or maybe they just got infected by some sort of insect. Whatever way good luck growing more!!!
- blingdingLv 51 decade ago
- How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
- myangel_101211Lv 71 decade ago