When we don't ask too many questions, are we shy or do we think ourselves knowing everything?

• pshdsa
    Favorite Answer

It is not either/or. I ask questions when I need or want to learn something. When I was in a boring class where the teacher wanted everyone to contribute, I refrained as much as possible. I was not interested in the subject matter. I was neither shy nor thought I knew everything. I was busy willing the clock to move faster.

Sometimes we don't ask questions because we are afraid people will think us dumb. Our pride keeps us from asking. We don't want to appear not knowing. We want to appear to be all knowing. I have learned to ask the dumb question if I don't know because that is how I learn. Conversely when people ask me questions and they look embarrassed, I tell them that at one time I did not know that either. I have a relative that just has to win and know it all. He never wants to take help from anyone called family. One day he told me he had no sound on his computer. Now if I told him what he needed to do, he would be offended. So, I said, that had happened to me and this is what I did. In that form he was not offended. A few minutes later he came back and said his sound worked. I have no embarrassment asking questions of anybody, but many do have that problem. I know that at times I am brilliantly intelligent, but just as often I am dumb. Ain't we all! So ask away when you are curious. A teachable spirit is of great worth. Boring classes where the teacher is manipulating forced contributions and putting people on the spot is a different matter. Tell him to eat a bug. That is your contribution.

Depending on the person, but mostly shy. People who think they know everything won't ask questions as they feel they already know.

• jom

Perhaps the person lacks much curiosity. No one knows everything..

:)

it's only because we are losing points when we ask dear :)

yahoo answer is just a minimized model of life

• Olivia

We are just stingy with our points.