Amir asked in Society & CultureEtiquette · 1 decade ago

Do you think our society is slowly quitting good old things like helping others or things are better now?

7 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

with regards to the comment posted above me, I belive it has a little to do with the media. On the other hand I also think, because of the way recent generations are being brought up. It isn't as important or should I say stressed enough, at least not like it used to be.

• 1 decade ago

YES, and all because of mass hysteria, which is being fueled by the media, who is putting a negetive spin on everything to get ratings up because society loves to look at the worst in people so they feel better about themselves. as long as society allows media and gov't to dictate what we know, learn, like, and are allowed to do and think... it will be an endless downward spiral.

• 1 decade ago

Society as a whole has become a me,me,me situation. I haven't seen an act of kindness (with no ulterior motive) in years. Everyone wants a payback.

• 1 decade ago

I don't think so.

There are plenty of people who are still doing good deeds, everywhere. It's just that we tend to forget the positive and end up focusing on the negatives.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 decade ago

read ishmeal and it will give you a whole new view on societty and whats happening today in our world

• 1 decade ago

no...there are plenty good people out there helping someone in a small way...

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

i think its about the same only we hear more about it, its no better no worse, just faster.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.