If a person is given a Vodka I.V., would they get drunk? just curious?

i was wondering if a person got a vodka IV if they would maintain a nice buzz throughout the day

11 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

=-O Thats nukin futs!

• 1 decade ago

I know you were asking about this happening to a person, but I thought you might be interested in hearing that I have seen this done to a Great Dane in an animal hospital who had injested antifreeze. (They gave it at least a half of a bottle of Vodka by I.V.) I worked there at the time, and the Veterinarians were what you might call "old school" in their methods sometimes... I can't tell you the science behind it, but it worked... the dog came in in bad shape and it LIVED. And to answer your question about whether or not it got drunk? It had the telltale signs of no balance/coordination, etc... and anyone who saw him would also tell you "YES, I'd say it was DRUNK."

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Highly unrecommended. Alcohol can be taken intravenously without death however its effects are actually largely unknown.

Injecting alcohol produces an EXTREMELY rapid intoxication, and mild burning around site of injection. So theoretically the answer to your question is yes but the person would most likely suffer more damage to their organs than they would by drinking the alcohol

http://alcalc.oxfordjournals.org/cgi/content/full/...

http://www.springerlink.com/content/m27l835804r132...

• 1 decade ago

they would be beyond drunk and dead if you had a pure stream of vodka in your blood. Maybe if you had a real slow amount going in you could maintain a buzz, dangerous though.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • B SIDE
    Lv 6
    1 decade ago

I'll satisfy your curiosity by telling you that with a VERY small dose, yes that could work for a short time. I'll also tell you that trying it is a good way to kill yourself.

Alcohol isn't meant to be injected into your blood stream.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Um yes

• 1 decade ago

I think yes

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

probably!depending on thier tolerance. not a hard core drinker though.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

I think they would get alcohol poisoning

• Gator
    Lv 5
    1 decade ago

Just say NO!

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.