Why can't I import songs into my iPod?

Well it tells me that I need iTunes 7.0 or later so when I try to install it, it's okay for about 30 seconds and then this error comes up saying "HRESULT -2147220472". If I press okay on that it keeps going for a little bit seeming to ignore that, and then another error pops up saying "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Classes\QuickTimePlayerLib.QuickTimePlayerApp\CLSID. If I press okay again it tries to roll back the action but after a while says it failed because I need quicktime which I already have. What the heck do I do?

Favorite Answer

Ya, you may need to uninstall and reinstall Itunes. The "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\C.." is a registry address. You can access your registry by typing in regedit in the run field after pressing the start button. A registry entry is probably corrupt.

Goto Start->Settings->Control Panel-> Add/Remove program then remove Itunes (don't worry, it won't delete your downloads) then download the new itunes 7.0.2.16

and install it. That should fix your problem.

I would unistall it and reinstall it.. dont know what else to tell you