promotion image of download ymail app
Promoted

Trunk leak...HELP!!!?

Hi everyone,

My car is a 1994 Acura Integra. Last week I took the car to maintenamce service, they found a leak in the trunk (mostly on the left ans right sides). I've heard that you can use RTV sealant or sth like that to fix the leak. I don't know where the leak really is but I'm sure it's somewhere around the trunk. I'd like to fix this myself...Please help...Thanks a lot

4 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

that should work or body putty if its a big one.

• Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • 1 decade ago

I had water in the sides of the trunks of my 64 Chevy Impala and 65 Buick LeSabre that drove me nuts. I could not find where it was coming from, so one day I just watched from inside the trunk of the 65 Buick while it was raining. Turns out both cars were leaking from the rear window seals, not the trunk rubber strips.

A local autoglass service company out of the Fort Worth TX yellow pages re-installed the back glass for $60 each and the leaks stopped.

• 1 decade ago

If Trunk Leak .... More Damage Change it., If Not Use Adhesive Solution Its Avalabe all Auto Mobile Shope.........!

• 1 decade ago

left and right . could it be on the side ?

must be x-mas . Usaly found near wheel well ,rust holes .I'd get some hard as nails next time good weather sets in (warm) ,fill em'up ,just cover the outer surface with duct tape untill it cures .remove tape when done ,or add more for efect .

MERRYCHRISTMAS !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.