i have this bump on the back of my ear?

there's a bump like 1 cm big behind my right ear. i dont think its really changing size or anything. but ive had it for a while now. and im starting to ask questions. can someone give me ideas of what it can be? all right thanks.

Favorite Answer

the only way to know is have a doctor look at it.

A dermatologist is the way to go. I had a similar bump below my ear and I thought it was nothing - but it turned out to be a very small cancerous growth. Luckily it hadn't spread, so they just cut it out and it was over with.

Other possibilities: Molluscum, a wart, a mole, or even a pimple that won't go away. A good dermatologist will quickly tell you...I do not reccommend a family doctor - mine said it was nothing, and it was something. Better safe than sorry.

I suggest you go to a doctor first, let them take an x-ray of it and they will know for sure what it may be. because I have a bump as well, but its on my hand and it feels like a bone. I've had it for a long time now, it just popped up one day and I've had it ever since. but when I went to the doctor, he took an x-ray of my hand and said that it was a cyst. he also said that it's nothing serious, people may get it in random places. It isn't a bone either, it's just a bubble full of liquid that needs to be sucked out, otherwise it will stay there. so go see the doctor first.

and good luck. stay healthy =]

It may be a chlosteral gland

I cant tell by you discribing it. you should see a doctor incase its somthing serious

Could be a tumor?

i advice you to seek a doctor.