Clean my windshield with household glass cleaner...?

Hi evryone,

Can I use a household glass cleaner to clean my windshield? (sth like Windex)

Thanks

Favorite Answer

yeah it works, just make sure that you dont use it on tinted windows and oh yeah use news paper to wipe it up, newspapers dont leave any streaks and they dont cost alot of money either, plus its biodegraitable, or however you spell it

Do NOT use Sand paper as mentioned above!!

SOS pads work good for getting stubborn stains off of windshield.

Now put Rain X on the windshield.

Next, I recommend Try this cleaning cloth (web site below) You have to buy in packages of 5 but they are only like $3 bucks a piece. I have ordered them and use them on every car I detail, especially cleaning windows and clean mirrors and after waxing a car I will take this cloth and wipe the entire automobile down for a streak free finish.. They are made out of tiny fibers. They are guaranteed not to scratch and all you do is rinse the cloth under water, wring it out and wipe virtually any surface with no streaks or scratch. Use em over and over. I have not thrown one away yet!

I am sold on this ...I encourage you to try it out.

Source(s): www.eazeeclean.com

Yes, but don't use Windex brand. Use the cheapest generic stuff you can find. Why? The expensive stuff has an additive to reduce streaking that is badly affected by fogging in a car.

I sugest u home made Solution, Use Limestone Solvent cream & Clean Glass The Best Result u Found...!!!

With the exception of aftermarket tinted car windows, yes.

You need to either buy a special cleaner for tinted windows at an auto store or just use water. The chemicals in normal window cleaner can ruin the tint otherwise.

Yes, windex and newspaper work best. Just take it easy on tinted side windows.

Yes windex works , but avoid getting on paint !!! Vinegar works great on glass too.....

dilute vinegar with water and use a newspaper to wipe windows and mirrors . do this in the shade not under direct sunlight .

• DeeDee

yes, i have in the past

although if i run out of the proper windshield cleaner .. i just use vinegar with a lil diluted water

works fantastic! also on mirrors too

Yes.