is there a program that allows me to watch multi-region dvds on my computer?

all computers only let you change the region code 5 times until it stays perminent. and now i can only watch region 2 dvds on my laptop, it doesnt allow me to watch any other region.

Favorite Answer

the software is not the problem here your problem is the hardware sorry but you are out of luck to watch movies encoded in a region other than region 2 you will need either the people who made it reset it remotely or send it in for service to be reset.

Other than that I think you may have to replace the drive sorry.

the egion code is part of your DVD drive firmware that might be able to be reset by an update by the manufacturer but only if you are really lucky.

Source(s): other people here may be able to suggest a program that will allow the reprogramming of your firmware but more than likely will void the original warrrenty.

you may watch Multi-area DVDs on your abode windows application. in spite of the incontrovertible fact which you will would desire to replace your DVD participant Firmware to the main modern-day and the drivers. each and every each and every now and then DVDs get locked up and can't be watched yet if you flash it with the firmware, it works back.